Scott McGillivray, Debra Salmoni and the Holiday house rules The team is back and getting ready for Season 4! If you’re a fan of HGTV Canada’s hit series and want to turn your vacation property into a great money-making vacation destination, now is your chance to apply.
- All properties must be within a 2-3 hour drive of the Greater Toronto Area
- Property types include cottages, cabins, farmhouses, boathouses, historic homes – any property that would make a popular vacation rental!
- You must have a minimum of $150,000 to contribute to the renovation (SEE SPECIAL NOTE BELOW)
- You must be sociable and available 4-5 days over an 8-10 week period for a shoot in 2022
- You must complete the online application below with all necessary information and send a single email to the address provided with horizontal/landscape photos of you (and your family) and your property
Once you have submitted your application, a new window will confirm that your registration has been received. We regret that we cannot respond to every application and will only contact projects that meet all requirements and are suitable for the show.
SPECIAL NOTE ON THE CURRENT COST OF RENOVATIONS DURING COVID-19
The current COVID-19 pandemic continues to affect the construction industry in major ways. The most important aspect for anyone considering a renovation right now is to keep in mind that the cost of labor and materials has increased dramatically over the last 18 months. As a result, a renovation that might have cost 100k-150k a few years ago is easily priced at 250k-350k+ today, depending on the specifics of the project.