Report: Several Americans found dead at Sandals resort in Bahamas

STATEN ISLAND, NY – What started as a vacation in paradise has taken a deadly turn for three American citizens.

Three Americans, two men and a woman, were found dead Friday at the Sandals Emerald Bay resort in Exuma, Bahamas, with a fourth citizen taken to a nearby hospital, according to a statement from the Royal Bahamas Police Force.

Chester Cooper, Acting Prime Minister of the Bahamas, released a statement saying police are investigating the incident and the cause of death remains unknown, although foul play is not suspected at this time.

Police said resort staff contacted them on Friday May 6 around 9am when an unconscious man was found in one of the resort’s villas.

As they moved to respond to the incident, police were informed that another man and woman had been found unresponsive in a separate villa.

Upon arrival, officers were directed to the first villa, where they found a white male lying unresponsive on the floor. A local doctor later pronounced the man dead, finding no signs of trauma on examination.

Officers moved to the second villa, where a Caucasian male was found ‘slumped against a wall in a bathroom unresponsive’, and a Caucasian female was found unresponsive as she lay on a bed. Both showed signs of convulsing, but like the first man, no signs of trauma were discovered, the statement said.

The man and woman, who had been ill the previous night and had visited the local medical facility before returning to their villa, were both pronounced dead by a local doctor.

The identities of the victims have not yet been made public, as police are awaiting the confirmed identification of a next of kin.

Another American woman was airlifted to Princess Margaret Hospital showing signs of illness, according to Cooper’s statement.

Sandals issued a statement shortly after the incidents were reported, indicating that the company is working with local authorities to complete the investigation.

“Nothing is more important to Sandals Resorts than the safety of our guests,” the statement read.

“A health emergency was initially reported and, in accordance with our protocols, we immediately alerted emergency health professionals and the appropriate local authorities to provide support and investigate the situation.”

“We are actively working to support the investigation as well as the families of the guests in any way we can during this difficult time. Out of respect for the privacy of our guests, we cannot release any further information at this time,” continues the press release.

About Brad S. Fulton

Check Also

Iconic Snowmass Resort Joins Autograph Collection Hotels After $40 Million Transformation

Viewline Resort Snowmass, Autograph Collection Exterior SNOWMASS, Colorado (PRWEB) September 19, 2022 After a …