After a busy holiday season, the number of tourists visiting New York can often drop in January. Starting this month, NYC & Company is launching its first âNYC Hotel Week,â a promotional campaign offering 22% off standard room rates at most of the city’s top hotels.
NYC Hotel Week will begin on Thursday, January 4, 2022 and end on Friday, February 13, 2022. Amid the current pandemic, potential hotel guests are advised to follow CDC guidelines and mandates required in New York via the “Key to NYC”.
As of December 2021, the âKey to NYCâ program requires full proof of vaccination for customers and staff in indoor restaurants, indoor fitness facilities, indoor entertainment and some meeting spaces. This warrant also includes proof of a vaccine dose for children aged 5 to 11. Customers should visit each location’s website for additional information on security protocols.
âAs we welcome the New Year, we remain firm in our commitment to supporting the city’s hospitality industry, which has demonstrated resilience in these unprecedented times,â said Fred Dixon, President and CEO of NYC & Company, in a press release. âNYC Hotel Week proudly supports hotels in all five boroughs and encourages visitors and New Yorkers to safely enjoy some of the city’s best accommodations at a time of fewer crowds and more opportunities.
More than 110 hotels in New York’s five boroughs are participating in âNYC Hotel Weekâ. They range from independent boutiques to properties owned by major hotel brands.
Reservations can be made at nycgo.com/hotelweek.
The hotels include:
- The Beekman, A Thompson Hotel: a lower Manhattan property that was originally one of Manhattan’s first skyscrapers, built in 1881;
- Bryant Park Hotel: a Midtown boutique hotel located directly across from Bryant Park;
- Lotte New York Palace: another Midtown hotel along Madison Avenue, across from St. Patrick’s Cathedral and also home to the Villard Mansion, a city landmark dating back to the 19th century;
- Nu Hotel Brooklyn: Located in the Boerum Hill neighborhood of downtown Brooklyn, with loft-style rooms and hand-painted murals by local artists depicting various Brooklyn themes;
- The Langham, New York, Fifth Avenue: The flagship of The Langham Hotels & Resorts brand offers views of the Empire State Building and Ai Fiori, a Michelin-starred Italian restaurant that is part of Michael White’s Altamarea group;
- The Rockaway Hotel: In the Rockaways, this Queens property is one block from the beach and offers a mix of accommodation ranging from guest rooms and suites to extended-stay bungalows.
- The William Vale: Each room at this modern Williamsburg, Brooklyn property features a private balcony and views of the Brooklyn and Manhattan skyline.
âNYC Hotel Weekâ also launches NYC & Company’s annual urban offerings program, âNYC Winter Outingâ. This seasonal program will run from January 18 to February 13, 2022.
Sub-promotions within this program will include âNYC Restaurant Weekâ, âNYC Broadway Weekâ and âNYC Must-See Weekâ. Each of these three themed weeks will feature special offers relating to restaurants, Broadway shows or major city attractions.
Their reservations will be open to the public on January 11, 2022. Mastercard cardholders will be able to enjoy early access from January 6 to 9.
For more information, visit the NYC & Company website.